PDA

View Full Version : N-Scalers 1st Sunday

McToots
02-25-2006, 07:30 PM
Bob, Charlie, and I put in a little between club gathering N-scale work session.

Bob continued with some additional landscaping around the National Guard facility and started putting together the armory building. Some discussions about the entry gate and flight line huts seems to have led to some good ideas. His goal is to attend the Piedmont train show in March and hope to find and buy additional chain link fencing for perimeter security.

Charlie spliced in the missing passenger station siding and applied ballast to both of the stations tracks. At our 1st Sunday gathering the new track will need to have electrical gaps cut to avoid silly things like shorts. Finishing up the platform installation can be tackled next.

Bob is looking at how to install a tracked hoist for the steel fabrication facility (refer to photo in N-Scene Part 6). The idea is to have a hoist system that will extend over the siding track to load/unload cars and possibly be able to transfer this load onto trucks. Bob has some sections of a hoist suspended from an I-beam track that he experimented with. we all thought that adding some characters (other than ourselves) would add additinal 'life' to the scene.

I decided that the transition area on the corner of the 'T' module between the peninsula (Phils modules) and the quarry corner module needed some updating to better blend the scenery. There is a gap between these modules and I decided that it would be interesting to have a small dam plug the gap. This will also include installing a new highway intersection to connect with Phils road. The stream will no longer be emerging out of the side of a plywood wall! I though that I would modify the paralleling road to be an overlook area so all those dam fans can have a place to park and take photos.:rolleyes:

Almost forgot. I mention something about possibly installing a turntable on the loop module in our March newsletter (this posting may beat its issuance). Upon further investigation there just ain't inuff room for this.:(

I expect that we'll continue with these and other upgrades during our 1st Sunday gathering. But keep in mind that none of the above work has any impact on the ability to run trains.:D

See ya'll Sunday!

PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_pdo_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_pdo_sqlite.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_sqlite.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0