PDA

View Full Version : Log'n Camp Layout Addition

McToots
08-12-2007, 12:44 PM
The KAMRI N-Scalers are git-n-r done one layer of foam at a time. I'm refering to our planned entension of the peninsula loop module that will add a spur into a logging camp area. For reference refer to the picture of the layout design in the July Scoop (News and Announcement Archive).

We contructed a plywood base that attaches to the under side of the existing module 1x4's. We added a stiffener and a new support leg. This gives platform for just building up the terrain initially using 2-inch thick foam sections. I though I'd post periodic photos to give an idea of how things are going.

The first shot is basically the original loop module with the beginnings of the logging camp spur. The second photo is a shot of what was accomplished at our 5th Sunday of July gathering.

McToots
08-19-2007, 03:36 PM
Here's my next update report and picture on the logging camp addition of work completed during our August 5 Sunday gathering. The layering of foam up to the primary grade of the spur has been installed. Track sections/switches were placed to simulate the most likely route for this project. The trackage will include a short runaround track and a back facing spur into to an engine shed and barracks/shop for the loggers. It sure looks like a thick layering of foam but much of this is required in order to carve/shape the valley that will remove a bunch of material.

The next effort at our August 18 gathering will be to build the mountain ridge over the double track looping main. Thus we will have a second tunnel on our layout.

Stay tuned for my next update.:D

McToots
09-10-2007, 08:09 PM
During our August 18th CMOR open house the mountain and tunnel construction continued on the loop module. The double main loop tracks now reside in a tunnel and styrofoam layering is starting to shape the logging valley. We found that the spacing of the double track main is too wide to use standard two-track tunnel portals (drats).:mad: We may experiment with some borrowed HO portals to see if they are adaptable. Here's the next progress photo for your scrutiny.

McToots
05-03-2009, 10:10 PM
I didn't realize just how long this project has been taking until I looked up this old thread. Apparently this hasn't been a job designed along the philosophy of the Smart-Fix-40 project in Knoxville. Anyway, just to photographically prove headway has been made I submit to you this latest shot. The creek is flowing, The tracks laid and tested, the logs have been cut, the coal has been mined, but the trestle still remains to be built. I'm excited!:D

PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_pdo_mysql.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_pdo_sqlite.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): Unable to load dynamic library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\SWsoft\Plesk\Additional\PleskPHP5\ext\php_sqlite.dll' - The specified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0 PHP Warning: Unknown(): (null): Unable to initialize module Module compiled with module API=20060613, debug=0, thread-safety=1 PHP compiled with module API=20020429, debug=0, thread-safety=1 These options need to match in Unknown on line 0