View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 06:05 PM

Re: Live Steam Summer Meet

Bruce,
I won't be attending the MSLS summer meet. It is a MUCH smaller meet than the fall and spring meets. It is simply too hot for most people. That is the main reason I will not be going. There have been several times even at the fall and spring meets where it has been terribly hot, and I can't imagine how hot it will be in Columbia in July.
The MSLS fall meet is sept 28-30. I will be there for that meet Thurs-Sat.
The chattanooga Soceity of Model engineers, in Dunlap,TN is Oct 20-22 I believe. I most likely will be attanding this meet as well. As I have said before this track is completely wooded and features bi-directional running on a single track mainline and has a working signal system.
I would recommend that everyone should try to attend at least one of these meets. The MSLS meet is much larger and has many more steam locomotives,but the CSME meet has a more interesting track.
Another track, the Canton,St.Paul and Pacific Railroad which is in Canton, Georgia, sounds very nice. It is a private track and if you visit you would need to look at their website. Simply 'google' the railroads name. I have not been to this track, but might be visiting the track with several others in September.
Later,
Andrew