View Single Post
Old 02-01-2008, 11:30 PM
Administrator

Re: Hello and local hobby shops

Welcome to our small corner of cyberspace. The first thing I'd like to do is offer an invitation to visit our club at the Oak Ridge Childrens Museum. We are gathering this Sunday from around 1pm as noted on the web calendar and a map may be referenced in a previous thread under this section titled "Greetings" that was posted a couple of weeks ago. We currently have operational layouts in N, HO, and G scales at our club with Z, S, and O layouts in various stages of construction. The HO layout is fully up and running DCC equipment.As for local hobby shops the only one I've frequented is Hobby Town in the Turkey Creek shopping area. They do carry a pretty good assortment and are very obliging in accepting special orders. They are also supportive of our club in providing special discounts of orders we place. If you can come by for a visit other fellow KAMRI club members can provide more information on a couple of other shops in the area. Another is Paul & Bec's Hobbies & Trains, 6705 Maynardville Pike, Knoxville (865) 922-0856. This is a fairly new shop and I have not been there. Just a bit out of the way for me here in Kingston.