View Single Post
Old 01-15-2007, 04:31 PM
Administrator

Re: Help! LayOut Size for ho?

Welcome to East Tennessee!

Many layouts have been built on a 4 foot by 8 foot piece of plywood. The thickness should probably be no less than 1/2 inch in my opinion and you would want to add some perimeter and underneath framing for stiffness. All of this could sit atop the table. You didn't mention the size of the table but I would hope that it will be something better than a standard folding card table.

Take a look at the following link: http://www.atlasrr.com
Go to "Layouts" to see a listing of HO track plans as well as a free track planning download called RTS 7.0. These should help you with ideas for your layout plans.

I would also like to offer an invitation to our Clubhouse for a visit. We will be gathering this coming Sunday (21st) from around noon onward. Our club door is around the end of the museum to the right of the caboose. Would love to have you re-visit as our guest (and potential member?). If interested in joining the club take a look at the Membership posting and download the form.

If you need additional information let me know. You can directly contact me via e-mail: hmcelhoe@aol.com