View Single Post
Old 02-05-2007, 08:41 PM

Re: Any Atlanta WGH Train Show Reports?

Bruce-

I bought you a big Hardee's Thickburger, but I'm afraid it didn't survive the trip!

All in all, it was a good show. Lots to see, great vendors. I talked to a few Manufacturer reps...

Atlas- Met Rob Pisani again, I suggested they come out with offset-side coal hoppers in N-scale like their HO version. PCM- They apparently aren't making the M1-A steamer until they get enough reservations... it will be at least a year away if they do.
I suggested a USRA 0-8-0. Both Atlas and PCM wrote down my suggestions,
which was a nice change from the "go away, boy you bother me" attitude some trade people have.
Athearn said if their N-scale steam does well, they will consider more, but that would be a big wait and see. They had Challenger samples, but they weren't running. They WERE beautiful, though!

We had a large time hanging out with Andy Sarge and Neal, and seeing a few old friends.

Ran into Wayne from Rio Grande Models. He said to give him a heads up and he would make it worth our while for a KAMR roadtrip to his shop, which is North of Atlanta. I met him last year in Owensborough, KY before the store moved.

I read on the Atlas list that 21,000 people attended the show in the two days!

Maybe go to the next one! It was done right. I somehow missed Billy and Rick, but saw Larry Koran and Reece.

That's all I can think of for now...

Have fun,

-Phil