View Single Post
Old 07-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Re: Draft KAMR Web Page

Both of you have proposed some good ideas for web site expansion. At this time I'm working with Tiffany on an updated home page. I seem to have become a web site admin type guy by default and desire to have a useful tool for our club. We can look deeper into the details of the site once we have the basic setup in place.

What would be a big plus is for our club to be a bit more active in using this site to help get a better idea on what it is we really would use. Some folks use e-mailing as their preferred method but that can lead to the message disappearing into cyber space after a couple of weeks or so for some of us. For example, AOL will only retain 'read' messages for about two weeks then it's automatically sent to the trash can unless we save it into a personal folder. If that same message is posted on our web site it'll remain up front and available every time we open the site. You also don't need to worry about anyone changing e-mail addresses.

Some have mentioned outdated anouncements. That's where the web site admin type guy (yikes that's now me! ) will need to track those announcements and delete or archive as needed. Remember, Billy and Tiffany are there to manage the mechanics of the web site, we are responsible for it's content. I have web site moderator type access to edit, delete, and archive postings and have started performing some of the housekeeping.