Knoxville Area Model Railroaders Forums  

Go Back   Knoxville Area Model Railroaders Forums > KAMR Talk > General Talk
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-05-2007, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Question Any Atlanta WGH Train Show Reports?

I know of at least one MUV full of KAMRI club members that went down to the Worlds Greatest Hobby train show in Atlanta.

Well, was it worth the trip?

Did you buy me anything I forgot to tell you to get for me?

Have we blown the n-scale budget yet?

Inquiring minds need to know!
Old 02-05-2007, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Billy Send a message via MSN to Billy Send a message via Yahoo to Billy
Re: Any Atlanta WGH Train Show Reports?

Me and my wife went down for the weekend. Went to the show both Saturday and Sunday.. MAN, was it packed Saturday.. Could barely move. I saw 4 other club members there (the guys you know about Bruce?? )

Anyway.. Was a really a good show, lots of venders.. Lots of stuff.. was hoping to see a N-Track layout, but didn't.. They had a few HO's, a few S's, Some G's and O's.. and a T-Track layout too. I bought a Athern Southern Loco with 4 passenger cars..
I asked the Altas Guys and the Atehern guys if I would have trouble with "chater" when using them on Atlas Code 55 track.. No one knew the answer.. Well.. I do.. No Chater!! Works like a champ. Wife bought all kinds of art work, I bought some Fiber Optics to do some lighting projects. (Working on a Cop Car, I'll post pictures of it once I'm done) all-in-all a very good, but COLD, weekend!

Thanks, Billy
Old 02-05-2007, 08:41 PM

Bruce-

I bought you a big Hardee's Thickburger, but I'm afraid it didn't survive the trip!

All in all, it was a good show. Lots to see, great vendors. I talked to a few Manufacturer reps...

Atlas- Met Rob Pisani again, I suggested they come out with offset-side coal hoppers in N-scale like their HO version. PCM- They apparently aren't making the M1-A steamer until they get enough reservations... it will be at least a year away if they do.
I suggested a USRA 0-8-0. Both Atlas and PCM wrote down my suggestions,
which was a nice change from the "go away, boy you bother me" attitude some trade people have.
Athearn said if their N-scale steam does well, they will consider more, but that would be a big wait and see. They had Challenger samples, but they weren't running. They WERE beautiful, though!

We had a large time hanging out with Andy Sarge and Neal, and seeing a few old friends.

Ran into Wayne from Rio Grande Models. He said to give him a heads up and he would make it worth our while for a KAMR roadtrip to his shop, which is North of Atlanta. I met him last year in Owensborough, KY before the store moved.

I read on the Atlas list that 21,000 people attended the show in the two days!

Maybe go to the next one! It was done right. I somehow missed Billy and Rick, but saw Larry Koran and Reece.

That's all I can think of for now...

Have fun,

-Phil
Old 02-06-2007, 10:40 PM
Administrator

What's this? We got an invitation to visit a train store. Does that mean a possible field trip to a nearly exclusive major internet n-scale shop!

OoooooooWeeeeeZoooweeee! My favorite on-line depository of hard earned cash.

Hmmmm, a Steppenwolf song comes to mind - get your motor running...