Knoxville Area Model Railroaders Forums  

Go Back   Knoxville Area Model Railroaders Forums > HeadLine News > Frontpage News & Announcements > News Archive
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2006, 04:32 PM
Administrator

Thumbs down Knoxville GATS Review

Simple answer. There's nothing there! I may be wrong but I'll bet there were no more than 10 vendors total and one good layout (the Dayton N-scale croud). For us N-scalers I found a total of one milk crate of old Model Power(?) freight cars and a couple of old train sets (Bachman(?)) and that was it. I came home with a pair of $25 tweezers. In my opinion it was total waste of money to go! As much as I found the Atlanta show lacking last fall this one was far worse.

The only plus My wife and I experienced was meeting some of our past members I have not seem in a couple of years.

We did have an unexpected re-meeting of lots of current and past members at Hobby Town. And we did find lots of goodies at this REAL train gathering.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:20 PM

Re: Knoxville GATS Review

I agree with McToots assessment of the non-Show. Very poorly advertised, with bad directions to the wrong buildings. Never again, not for $8 admission. I did have fun talking with several of our own KAMR members and Conductor Bill Perry of the River RR who joined me for lunch.

I observed one and a half HO vendors - thank God for the tool guy, at least he had a few decent items and some bargains.

A much better time was had on Sunday, installing the harbor benchwork and watching the Seahawks lose to the Referees.