Knoxville Area Model Railroaders Forums  

Go Back   Knoxville Area Model Railroaders Forums > KAMR Talk > Large Scale Division
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2006, 06:15 PM

Mid-South Live Steamers Spring meet photos

Here are a few pictures that were taken during the Mid-South Live Steamers Spring Meet. There were not as many people as I have seen at the Spring meets mainly due to the weather predictions I believe.
Bruce- Not only did I help fire up that beautiful Southern Railroad Ps-4 4-6-2 pacific type, but I ran it almost all day Friday, and most of Saturday after noon. It is quite the locomotive. At almost 12ft long , and 850lbs dry, it can pull a LOT. It has a working turbo generator that supplies power for the lights. I ran the 4-6-2 till almost 11pm Friday and the lights came in handy......It was neat seeing sparks shoot 20ft into the night sky as I pulled the 5% grade up to the station. Also it has a real woking air pump that supplies air to the trains brakes,and also a working elesco feedwater heater.
There is a Meet in Columbia in July, I believe it is the 14th-15th, I am not sure yet whether I am going to go. I would imagine that it will be very HOT in Columbia during July.
Hope everyone likes the pictures,
Andrew
Attached Images