Knoxville Area Model Railroaders Forums  

Go Back   Knoxville Area Model Railroaders Forums > KAMR Talk > N / Z Scale Division
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2006, 08:02 PM
Administrator

May 7: 1st Sunday N-Gathering

For this coming Sunday's wee folks gathering:

I have roughed in the footings for our new bridge and if Bob is ready he can begin excavation work for the entrance to the national guard facility. I brought in a couple of sections of barbwire fencing I found on my work bench to help get some more security established.

Rick obtained and assembled a couple of plastic shelving units for our use. One set is being used for the electrical junction box and layout power supply. You don't have to crawl on the floor to turn the power on. I think we're getting geezier by the minute!

I think it's about time to fill in the gap in our layout top between the armory and Bagelton. A chunk of foam or a piece of plywood will work here. This will be needed soon to complete the highway right-of-way up to the new bridge. This will also be a good area for the used car lot.

If anyone is energetic enough, the bad track section on the #1 main of the quarry module needs to be assessed to see if there's an easy fix or requires replacement.

Hey! Since Phil will be at the gathering, maybe, just maybe he should do the right thing and bring us some bagel. Please offer plenty of encouragement to make this happen. Say, doesn't he need to offer some sort of bribery to make sure we have a sellout croud for his clinic. Probably not from some of the conversations last Sunday but a good supply of bagels still can't hurt!

I am planning to be there by 1 pm to unlock the door and get things going.
Old 05-04-2006, 12:46 PM

Re: May 7: 1st Sunday N-Gathering

Bruce, Sounds like a good plan. I am looking forward to working on the layout. We all know Phil is our hero. At least as long as the bagels last. Bob