Knoxville Area Model Railroaders Forums  

Go Back   Knoxville Area Model Railroaders Forums > HeadLine News > Frontpage News & Announcements > News Archive
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2006, 09:48 PM

Hiwassee River Rail Adventure

Got a card in the mail from Tennessee Valley Railroad. The Loop is open

The famous hook and eye, or more recently called the loop is now being ridden by 50's era diesels, and Vintage passenger cars. It is a 50 mile trip up the Hiwassee River. The trip begins in Etowah and after boarding school buses the passengers are delivered to the Hiwassee River and the trip begins. The first half of the trip is traveling up the river till the destination at Copper Hill. Then the same back. Four hours of riding for $35. If you want to check out their website just log into www.tvrails.com. It looks like as of right now that the only weekend I will be going down will be Saturday November 18. That's right I know that certain people were told that I would be able to go on the second weekend of the month, but I have other obligations that weekend.'

Anyway, if anyone wants to go with me that weekend and or needs directions, just email me at thewomacs@juno.com.

Rides began this weekend Oct. 14 and will continue till November 25th. Friday rides are available and from what I get from the card most rides will be either Saturday or Sunday leaving at 9:30 or at 1:30. Two special weekends will be all day trips only on December the 2nd and the 9th. Those tickets will be $70 for the all day trip.

I highly recommend this trip as I rode it a couple of summers ago but at that time it only went up to the powerhouse and back. I believe this will be worth it.

Hope to see you there,

Charlie Womac
Old 10-16-2006, 04:53 PM

Re: Hiwassee River Rail Adventure

Hey gang:

Just another post of the Hiwassee Rail Adventures.

I was not able to get through to them by phone. I did e-mail them and got the attached registration form in PDF format. Just to clarify some of the information I posted earlier. The $35 trip is only to Farner, but that does include the "Loop". The document does include which trips are already sold out. The email that they sent me said that all 3 phones have been busy all day. So go I guess is that the trips may sell out soon. Better get your tickets if you can get through.

Charlie
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hiwassee_order_form[1].pdf (102.2 KB, 1512 views)
Old 10-24-2006, 11:03 AM

Guys

As it turns out, I have bought one ticket too many. Due to some recent events, my wife, Pam, has decided to not go on the trip. I have not received my ticket in the mail yet, but when I do it is availabe. If anyone else wants to go on November 18 at the 1:30p.m. trip, just let me know. Either e-mail me at thewomacs@juno.com or my clevelandstate Address cwomac@clevelandstatecc.edu. My cell phone is (423) 519-2864.

If I am in a class when you call my cell phone, I will return a call to you as soon as possible.

Will really appreciate it if someone will buy this ticket, because now it will be wasted if no one else wants it.

Thanks, Charlie Womac
Old 10-24-2006, 10:48 PM
Administrator

I'm on the fence here... To go or not to go. I hope you are coming up to our 5th Sunday gathering so you can talk me into going.
Old 10-26-2006, 02:57 PM

Bruce

Let me know what kind of things will help you over the fence, gentle arm twisting, bagles, threats.

I plan on being at the Sunday meeting, but things have a way of getting in the way.

See you there
Old 10-29-2006, 11:40 PM
Administrator

Consider the extra ticket claimed!

Can you recomend a good therapist? My arm's been killing me lately.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:55 PM
Administrator

I am unclaiming the ticket due to it being a sellout and I needed additional tickets. Therefore, someone please help Charlie out and take advantage of a fun day on a train and buy the ticket from him. He is planning to have the ticket at the CMOR festival this Saturday.