Knoxville Area Model Railroaders Forums  

Go Back   Knoxville Area Model Railroaders Forums > KAMR Talk > N / Z Scale Division
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-16-2007, 08:05 PM
Administrator

N-Scale Gathering: January 21

It's open house time again. The weather looks to be a day to have indoor events so maybe the public will be attending in masses. Maybe the oudoor environment will allow outside railroading. But someone better bring some fuel for the heater!

Your N-coordinator did finish assembling and installing a new electrical bus jumper. This set of wires forms a continuous feed of track power from the pig yard corner module to the geezer gate. It actually worked correctly on the first try (no shorts). A similar bus will be assembled to jump from the Heller Gas Works corner module around to the John Deer Dealership module. All I need is to pick up another 60 feet of 14/3 (braided) extention cord wire. Oh boy, I get to go to my other favorite place - the hardware store.

I also am considering increasing the guage of the power feed wires from power supply up to the throttles and beyond. This will help provide increased amperage through the electrical system. I also became curious about our power supply. I'm not convinced that it's all it can be.

Anyway, bring your trains, hammers, saws, and never forget to include your imaginations.