Knoxville Area Model Railroaders Forums  

Go Back   Knoxville Area Model Railroaders Forums > HeadLine News > Frontpage News & Announcements > News Archive
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-25-2005, 10:56 PM
Administrator

Exclamation Upcoming CMOR Fund Raising Events!

CMOR will be having their "Holiday in the Mountains" festival on Saturday November 5 from 9:00 to 4:30. We may want to consider having some railroading action!

On Saturday December 3, CMOR will be holding their train wing fund raising "Gala". This will be our time to shine!
Old 10-30-2005, 07:24 PM

Smile Re: Upcoming CMOR Fund Raising Events!

Hey, guys. The CMOR events are not really voluntary. We are expected to be running trains and everyone in the club is expected to do their part to support our effort.

The "Holiday in the Mountains" festival starts at 10 am and runs to 4 pm. We will also operate the garden layout if the weather is ok. Contact your coordinator to let them know when you are available to help.

THe annual dinner gala on December 2nd is called "Hot Salsa for a Cool Yule" and has a Brazilian theme. It starts at 6 pm and runs pretty late, but our club operations usually stop around 9 or 10 pm. We will operate inside and the garden layout, weather permiting. The museum could also use help with the bar and other service operations if you are interested. Historicly, some of our members have manned the bar. We'll discuss this more at our November 6th meeting.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Re: Upcoming CMOR Fund Raising Events!

During our clubs 5th Sunday gathering that except for Pete, no one but myself was in attendance! I guess everyone was in a state of mental ill-health after the Vols football game. This was a missed opportunity to spruce up our areas for the biggest annual CMOR fund raiser that supports the World of Trains.

I did sweep and pickup the n-scale area as best I could without help. The common area between the HO and N areas is a mess. If at all possible, much of this stuff should be moved to the basement (at least temporarally) prior to Saturday. I would also recommend moving the donated stuff along the n-scale room wall to the basement as well.