Knoxville Area Model Railroaders Forums  

Go Back   Knoxville Area Model Railroaders Forums > KAMR Talk > N / Z Scale Division
User Name
Password
Home Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2008, 04:09 PM

Question N-Scale collection for sale

I have decided to get rid of my small N-scale collection and instead focus on HO.

The collection consists of 12 engines (all pre-DCC) various rolling stock, buildings and track with a replacement cost of just over $1700.
See posts below for more details

I will have the collection with me tomorrow for the Open House if anyone wishes to see it.

I will sell the entire collection for $1,250 and have attached an inventory to this post in PDF format.

[strike]I would prefer not to break up the collection, but if I get no takers it will[/strike] all be going up on e-bay.

I am tired of waiting, so I have started listing most everything on e-bay, and at fire sale prices to adjust the prices to account for shipping. I can't give club members a discount, but I can ignore shipping and deliver in person on 1st and 3rd Sundays. to view my current auctions, go here: TNRidgerunner's E-Bay Auctions
Attached Files
File Type: pdf N Scale Inventory.pdf (10.1 KB, 5632 views)

Last edited by TNRkitect : 09-17-2008 at 07:18 AM.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:16 PM

Re: N-Scale collection for sale

I will wait a month for people to decide if they want to purchase the collection.

After that, it goes on E-bay.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:12 PM

Here are some of the items in the lot:
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2008, 08:00 PM

Just to give a few more details on the history of the collection:

The collection was originally my grandfather's, back in the 1980's and 1990's.
He bought everything and stored it away without opening it, save for 3 (N scale) buildings which he either lost the boxes for, or built the kits and then stored them away. (I have attached pictures of these with this post, along with some more to whet the interest.)

I have not done anything more than carry it around in boxes while I have moved around the country, so it is still in the same condition that it was when he packed away, save that I have re-packed it into a single plastic storage bin, instead of the multiple smelly old cardboard boxes.

He kept saying that he was going to get around to setting up a layout one day, but unfortunately he passed away before he ever did. To help out my grandmother, I bought the collection from her. I have since inventoried it all for insurance purposes, using the 2008 Walther's Catalogs to arrive at the prices listed in the .PDF attached in one of the previous posts.

The HO portion of my collection is much larger, and I have decided that I prefer it to N scale, despite the advantages of the smaller scale (more realistic ratios of scenery to trains, the ability to squeeze more railroading into the same space). So, I am selling off the N scale to concentrate on the HO scale.

As I said, it is worth over $1700, but I am looking to get $1,250 for it. If you are interested, you can contact me through the website or by e-mailing me at:

tnrkitect2b [the at symbol] hotmail [dot] com

(replace the items in brackets with the symbol named, I formatted it that way to avoid getting more spam)

As this is the 5th Sunday coming up, I will be there in the afternoon to work / play on the HO side. I will bring the collection with me, if anyone wishes to look through it in person.
Attached Images

Old 07-04-2008, 12:16 PM

As you no doubt have gathered, this collection was a bought and stored collection, meaning that the items, while old, are in mint to near-mint condition.

Just to reiterate, I am serious about selling it, and will entertain reasonable offers, including splitting up the price into payments. Conversely, one of the things this will help finance (assuming the wife approves ) is the purchase of a Digitrax Super Chief or Empire Builder starter set, plus the needed items to get started with DCC.

So help me out!

A few more pics to whet the appetite.
Attached Images

Old 07-19-2008, 11:50 AM

I will be keeping this offer open until after the Great Train Expo.

If the collection has not sold by then, I will be taking it to the Expo and seeing if any of the dealers there are interested.

If they are not willing to pay what I consider a reasonable price (and yes, I am flexible with my price, just not massively flexible per the wife ) Then I will start posting items on e-bay.
Old 08-26-2008, 06:39 PM

Just updating to let people know that I will have the collection with me this Sunday (the 5th Sunday) for those that are interested.
Old 09-17-2008, 07:18 AM

I am tired of waiting, so I have started listing most everything on e-bay, and at fire sale prices to adjust the prices to account for shipping. I can't give club members a discount, but I can ignore shipping and deliver in person on 1st and 3rd Sundays. to view my current auctions, go here: TNRidgerunner's E-Bay Auctions